- INSPECT and REMOVE all visible mud, plants, fish/animals from your boat, trailer, clothing, dogs, fishing gear or other equipment and dispose of in a suitable trash container or on dry land.
- CLEAN your boat and equipment. Rinse everything that has come in contact with the water before leaving the launch ramp. If possible use hot (140 °F) and/or high pressure water.
- If you discover any rough patches on the hull or equipment, scrub them with a stiff brush.
- Flush your motor according to owner’s manual.
- DRAIN all water from boat, hatches, bilge, live wells, transom wells and any other locations with water on land before leaving the launch site. Remove the drain plug before towing to allow the boat to drain completely.
DRY your boat, trailer, and all equipment completely. Drying times vary depending on the weather and humidity. At least five days is recommended before launch your boat into a different waterway, but check your local and state laws to confirm if longer drying times are necessary.
- Dispose of unwanted bait, fish parts, worms, and packing materials, in the trash; do not dump them in the water or on land.
- Never dump live fish or other organisms from one water body into another.