Reel In & Recycle
Monofilament Recycling Program
With funding from the NOAA Marine Debris program and the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, we have helped establish a network of over 2000 monofilament recycling bins across the country to make proper disposal of monofilament more accessible.
Are you interested in helping reducing monofilament debris? Volunteer to build and maintain a monofilament recycling location at a fishing spot near you.
It's easy as 1-2-3!
1. Using this simple video, learn how you can build your own monofilament recycling bin. We'll even provide you with the signs and decals!
2. Install the bin in a high traffic fishing area (marina, park, boat ramp) and regularly maintain it, separate any trash and send the collected line to Berkeley Conservation for processing:
1900 18th Street
Spirit Lake, Iowa 51360
3. Track the amount of line you collect through our online database.
- To use our online tracking system to report on your collected line, you need to register by filling out the form.
- If you have already installed your bins and received your password, click here to access the collection tracking site.