Prepare early and put your mind at ease.
About the Course
Marine radios provide boaters the most effective and reliable communication when on the water. VHF radio communication is essential during emergencies and is often superior to cell phones. They can also be helpful in a number of other non-emergency scenarios like securing a transient slip at a destination marina. The variety of radios available can be confusing and their use can be intimidating. This course will teach you how to choose the proper Marine VHF radio for your boating style and give you the confidence to operate it effectively.
All About VHF Radio taught me things that made my marine radio less intimidating and more valuable on the water Alan D. Course User
With this online seminar, you will learn how to:
- Determine what features a marine radio needs for your type of boating
- Make and receive routine and emergency radio calls
- Use Digital Selective Calling (DSC)
- Obtain and use a Maritime Mobile Service Identity (MMSI) number for your boat
- Make your transmissions clear and understandable
- Follow protocol and practice proper radio etiquette