The BoatUS Foundation's Online Course is the only free Online Boating Safety Course approved by the Georgia Department of Natural Resoucres.
Effective July 1, 2014, all persons born on or after January 1, 1998 that operate any motorized vessel on the waters of the state must have completed a boat education course approved by the department prior to such operation. A person is exempt if he or she is:
- A person licensed by the U.S. Coast Guard as a master of a vessel;
- A person operating on a private lake or pond;
- A non-resident who has in his or her possession proof that he or she has completed a NASBLA approved boater education course or equivalency examination from another state.
The BoatUS Foundation's Gerogia Boating course consists of 6 lessons and a Final Exam. Each lesson has a 10-question quiz at the end to test your knowledge. The Final exam is 75 questions and you must pass with with a score of 80% or better in order to print your certificate of completion.
To get your Georgia Boating safety Certificate, follow these 3 simple steps:
- Click Start Here above to view a short video on using our online course
- Create an account and enroll yourself in the Georgia Boating Safety Course from the Course Catalog
- Pass the course and print out your certificate of completion yourself for free - it's absolutely free to take the course and print your certificate.
©2014, BoatUS Foundation. All Rights Reserved.