Donate Your Boat to the Foundation
The BoatU.S. Foundation for Boating Safety & Clean Water counts on donations to keep our boating programs afloat. One way to make a difference is to donate your boat or yacht to an organization dedicated to promoting safe and clean boating.
We will ensure the donation process - from handling the paperwork to picking up the boat - runs smoothly. In addition, donors can be sure that their donation will go to programs that help keep boating a safe and enjoyable pastime for generations to come. Please consider donating your boat or yacht to the BoatUS Foundation for Boating Safety and Clean Water! Receive the maximum legal tax deductions and possibly a partial cash payment. We also accept PWCs.
We’d like to hear from you! Call us if you have a well loved or gently used boat in good working condition. Potential donations must be titled or documented and free of all encumbrances.
A few more tips on Boat Donations:
- Always consult your tax professional regarding any major donation to charity.
- Familiarize yourself with the IRS publications on the topic
- A Donor’s Guide to Vehicle Donation
- Publication 526, Charitable Contributions
- IRS rules for determining maximum deductions for charitable contributions
- Remember you can deduct contributions to charity only if you itemize deductions on Schedule A of Form 1040 and attach a 1098-C form which you receive from the organization you donate to, with your tax return.
Give us a call at 800-245-2628